Quotes on Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar = Cricket !

Sachin is God, God is Tendulkar! The little master after scoring 200 in ODI- pyrotechnics holds the record for the highest ODI score. CONGRATULATIONS to him! "No record is unbreakable. Records are made to be broken and I would like to see an Indian breaking this record," Tendulkar said, dedicating the knock to all his fans. Tendulkar’s innings was a dreamy one, layered well with fours, sixes and smart running between the wickets. Here’s a tribute in quotes to the man from Mumbai, it only reinforces the fact that Mr. Sachin is indeed the ‘greatest player of the game’.


Mathew Hayden:
"I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India"

Peter Roebuck
"On a train from Shimla to Delhi, there was a halt in one of the stations. The train stopped by for few minutes as usual. Sachin was nearing century, batting on 98. The passengers, railway officials, everyone on the train waited for Sachin to complete the century. This Genius can stop time in India!!"

Dennis Lillee
If I've to bowl to Sachin, I'll bowl with my helmet                        on. He hits the ball so hard.

Glenn McGrath
I still think Tendulkar is the best batsmen in the world ahead of Steve Waugh and Lara.

Brian Lara
Sachin is a genius. I'm a mere mortal.
Sir Don Bradman
I saw him (Sachin) playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...hi compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel.

Andy Flower:
"There are 2 kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others."

Allan Donald:
"Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who has
many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all over the
world"
Sunil Gavaskar
India's fortune will depend on how many runs the little champion scores. There is no doubt Tendulkar is the real thing.

Richie Benaud
He has defined cricket in his fabulous, impeccable manner. He is to batting what Shane Warne is to bowling.
Geoffrey Boycott
Technically, you can't fault Sachin. Seam or spin, fast or slow nothing is a problem.

Greg Chappell
He is a perfectly balanced batsman and knows perfectly well when to attack and when to play defensive cricket. He has developed the ability to treat bowlers all over the world with contempt and can destroy any attack with utmost ease.
Shane Warne
I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don't think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player.

Viv Richards on Sachin Tendulkar
I think he is marvellous. I think he will fit in whatever category of Cricket that has been played or will be played, from the first ball that has ever been bowled to the last ball that's going to be. He can play in any era and at any level. I would say he's 99.5% perfect.
BBC Sports, on Sachin Tendulkar
Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their television sets and switch off their lives.

Navjot Singh Sidhu
"India me aap Prime Minister ko ek Baar Katghare me khada kar sakte hain..Par Sachin
Tendulkar par Ungli nahi utha Sakte.."
Barry Richards
Sachin is cricket's God!
Ian Chappell
Harder he works, the luckier he gets.
Anil Kumble
"I am fortunate that I've to bowl at him only in the nets!"
Andrew Symonds
"To Sachin, the man we all want to be"
What Symonds wrote on an aussie t-shirt he autographed specially for Sachin.
Mark Taylor
"We did not lose to a team called India...we lost to a man called Sachin" -Mark Taylor, during the test match in Chennai (1997)




No comments:

Post a Comment